What are cookies?
Our portal employs cookies. Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. The cookies used on the portal include only those which are strictly necessary cookies for access and navigation, use of the platform, and cookies that remember your choices (functionality cookies).
Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.
Cookies we use
We use both session and persistent cookies on the site and we use different types of cookies to run the site:
- Essential cookies. Necessary for the operation of the site. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent use of user accounts, or offer site features.
- Functionality cookies. Used to recognise you when you return to the site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Cookie Name: MoodleSession
- Purpose: You must allow this cookie into your browser to provide continuity and maintain your login from page to page.
- Expiration: When you log out or close the browser this cookie is destroyed (in your browser and on the server).
Cookie Name: MOODLEID
- It remembers your username within the browser. This means when you return to this site the username field on the login page will be already filled out for you.
- More information: It is safe to refuse this cookie - you will just have to retype your username every time you log in.